Friday, August 7, 2020

30A - Final Reflection

 I think that throughout all of the assignments this semester, the one about my own personal human capital struck me the most. This is because it helped me truly see my potential ads an entrepreneur. Not only did I have my own thoughts about my strengths and weaknesses, but hearing those kinds of things from other people gave me a better sense of confidence in my abilities. Furthermore, I really liked the personal approach to the assignment; needing to speak with those close to me was something I appreciated, as their opinions are the ones that matter to me the most.

By the end of the class, I am 100% sure that I can be an entrepreneur. The assignments have given me many skills, such as opportunity recognition, risk-taking, social networking, and more. Before, I knew I could talk to people, but hearing Professor Pryor speak about taking risks and not caring what people said or thought helped me see the amount of opportunities I really could take advantage of.

I think that in order to develop the mindset of an entrepreneur, a student has to get hands-on experience. That is what really helped me in this class. Learning things without trying them is not nearly as effective. By networking, speaking to new people, and forming ideas about how to recognize opportunities, someone looking to be an entrepreneur can develop their skills on a daily basis. There is no doubt in my mind that hands-on activities are the best approach. Also, to perform well in this course, it is very important to be mindful of due dates and the time you need for assignments. There have been too many times where I highly underestimated the amount of work needed for assignments, and if a future student makes sure that they stay updated, they will be fine.

Top Helpful Steps to Stimulate Personal Growth & Development

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sophia, well done throughout the class. I found the assignment about identifying our own human capital to be a unique and interesting one to complete as well. I think the interviews were great practice for networking and are an important skill that can be taken from this class. Most of us seemed to have issues with the due dates for this class, I wonder if assignments could be distributed better somehow.

    ReplyDelete

30A - Final Reflection

  I think that throughout all of the assignments this semester, the one about my own personal human capital struck me the most. This is beca...